There are a few ways to block time in your calendar to prevent customers to book during a specific time, or a recurring time. Read below to learn the different options:
Manually Block Time on the Calendar
- Click on 'Calendars' from the top right menu
- Click anywhere on the calendar (preferably on the day/time you want to block)
- A pop up will appear, same as when you are booking an appointment
- In the top left drop down, choose 'Block Schedule' from the list.
- If you want to make it all day, click on the all day toggle.
- You can make this recurring by clicking on the recurring option, and then choosing your settings.
- That's it
Block Time on the Calendar By Syncing
- This is by far the best way to block time on your calendar!
- Click on the gear icon in top right, choose 'Settings', then user settings, then click on the pencil icon
to edit that user.
- Choose the 'Calendar' tab.
- Click 'Connect' to sync with the calendar of your choice.
- Then click 'Settings' (while still in the calendar tab)
- Choose which calendars in yourpersonal calendar you want to connect.
- Ideally, you will 2-way sync with 1 calendar (appointments come to and from that calendar) and then 1-way sync with other calendars that you want to block times in our calendar.
- Click 'Save'
Now, with the 2-way sync… Any time an appointment is created/edited/deleted in your personal calendar it will show up in our calendar and block that time from being booked. As well, we will send any appointment booked in our system to your personal calendar.
Any calendars that you 1-way sync with block time in our calendar to prevent double bookings.
Choose User Availability
Of course, you will want to make sure your general availability is correct…
- Click on the gear icon in top right, choose 'Settings'
- Click on user settings, then click on the pencil icon
to edit that user.
- Click on 'Availability'
- Make sure your hours look good.
Add Breaks in the Day
- On the next tab over from 'Availability' is 'Breaks'
- You can add a work break(s), lunch break… ciesta time… anything you want. These times will not be able to be booked by your customer.
- Add several throughout the day… or one here and there. Your choice.
- On the next tab over from 'Breaks' is 'Vacation'
- You can block days, or weeks… or months… this is very flexible.
- Say you only wanted to be able to be booked from January 20-30… you could add a vacation from now until Jan 19, and then another on Jan 31 through the next year. Then your customers could only book in those times of Jan 20-Jan 30.